Sunday, August 10, 2008

Slow down summer!

4 more days of math. I love typing that. This last "semester" of summer school has been a lot more enjoyable than Chemistry was. I am still, no doubt, glad that it's almost over. However, the end of summer school means the beginning of real school is coming soon. I have mixed emotions on that topic. I'm real excited to see friends. Not so excited about the 20 hour schedule I have gotten myself into.

Summer has just flown by. It's been a great summer though. Someone asked me today how my summer has been. I shrugged my shoulders a bit and said "pretty good". I got to thinking after that and it's been better than pretty good. I think that because there was no camp, choir tour, staffing, or any crazy adventures to make it interesting, I've figured it hasn't been that great. But really, it has. I have learned so much this summer! Not only about moles, world war II and polynomials, but I feel like I have really grown a lot in the word. I love that! I am so grateful to have a church to go to that teaches the truth, and dives in deep. I'm grateful to have knowledgeable, wise people who love me and don't care how many questions I ask...even if it's something that a 2nd grader could probably answer. Not only have I learned so many new things about God's word, but I have also learned that learning is a continual process. We will never arrive. The more I learn about scripture, the more I love it. I loved it 4 years ago when I became a believer because it brought me hope and comfort. I love it more today because it brings me those things plus instruction, insight, and clarity.

So, it's been a good one. I'm still not ready to come to grips with it being over, but let's enjoy the time we've got left!

No comments: