Wednesday, October 08, 2008

You may have noticed...

That my past couple of entries have been a little different. Back in the days of xanga, those types of posts were what I did the majority of the time. One of my pictures with a verse, lyrics, quote. I've moved away from that a little bit because I've started feeling more open with writing and expressing my feelings that way, but also because my camera died sometime last year. (the pictures in the posts before this were either taken with my dear friend Monica's camera, or are old). All that to say, this way of blogging encourages me. I enjoy looking at a picture and seeing a verse or song that sheds light on that picture. I like how pictures and words can work together to serve as a really special kind of worship.
Something you may not know about me: I really love photography. Not only taking pictures, but I could (and do) spend hours on the internet sometimes looking at random professional, and non professional photographer's blogs and websites. I'm not exactly sure what it is about photography that sucks me in, but I love it.

I feel a little silly confessing missing a material possession (my camera) so much, but I do. Not to the point of needed bereavement counseling or anything, but I definitely do miss it.

So, in my search to fulfill my want to play around with a camera and snap some photos, I had some fun with some of my favorite shots of the past. There's a website called http://www.picnik.com/ and it is so fun! You can mess with shapes, colors, crop, do some cool collages, and other really neat stuff.
I feel like I'm a blogging advertisement for picnik, and I promise they are not paying me to type this but only because I told them how foolish that would be considering a total of maybe 8 people read my blog. It is really fun though, and definitely filled my little photo void.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Allye I love these pictures! And I love the qotes and stuff on the pictures on your previous posts. Heck, I just love you : )

Anonymous said...

cool pics, allye! love you precious precious sugar plum

geoff payne said...

9 now, counting me. Or maybe you already counted me in. In that case, still 8.
Once, I dreamed of being a Cell Phone Photographer, taking pictures on my cell phone. I probably put that on my Xanga somewhere...