Sunday, December 07, 2008

7 days.

Today at the Vista we wrapped up our study of Philippians. What an encouragement, challenge and great learning experience it has been! Every Sunday I feel so blessed to be apart of such a great community of believers with a pastor that strives to teach truth by preaching the word.

As we recapped all we had talked about this semester I realized how selfish of an attitude I frequently have. I think I realized this because of Paul's attitude of selflessness. We talked about being content in all circumstances and how our society as a whole is so discontent in wants or "needs". We talked about how the Lord was sufficient for Paul. That He met his needs and most of all gave the gift, the magnificent sacrifice of his son. I need to remember and reflect on that so much more often than I am now.

Finals start this week. I cannot believe this semester is already about to be over! It is a wonderfully shocking fact. Tuesday is my last day in Bio Organic Chemistry. Still not sure how it's going to turn out in there...the final is next tuesday. I feel like if I make a C in that class then I can do anything.

Christmas is right around the corner, and I cannot wait. 7 days until break. 7 days.

No comments: