Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Honest Thoughts

Pain is inevitable. Why then, do I stand back with my hands up saying stay away? Especially when I know that the promised pain will most likely lead to better things, and if not better, at least closure (which is better!). I stand back because I am scared. I stand back because I don't trust God's sovereign power like I should. I stand back because I am weak. I stand back because at times I have faith the size of a marble. I stand back in shame that I can't face it.

I want to jump in head first sometimes. Most of the time though, I don't even want my toes to dip in and feel. I think that if I just go for it, trust Him, put my feet in, kick around a little, then I will see that it's perfect. Maybe not comfortable at first, but perfect.

No comments: