Wednesday, November 08, 2006

The New Place

I think that I like these things more than xanga. So, I'm starting one.



I'm baking a cake right now for my sister (it's her 12th birthday today). It smells so good, and it's going to take all that I have to not eat it before I give it to her. I love baking. I love eating the batter, and licking my fingers after putting the icing on, then seeing the end result, (hopefully) a delicious thing to eat that makes people happy. Baking is good.



There is a lot going on right now, I'm ready for things to calm down, but not expecting them to until thanksgiving break, which thankfully is only about a week away. I'm excited for thanksgiving. My dad, stepmom, and siblings are coming here from Brownwood, and staying at my grandparents for the week, so that's where I will be. It's been quite a while since I have seen them, and it's always fun to see how much the kids have grown. It will be good to see them.



I love autumn. It's such a pretty time outside. I went walking around behind my house in the trails about a week ago, and it was so peaceful and beautiful. The different colors, leaves falling all around you, the soft breeze, the perfect amount of coolness where you can wear a sweater and be completly comfortable, the sun shining through the trees, so, so pretty. I love it.


Well, the cake is done cooling off! I'm going to go put the icing on.


5 comments:

lauren noel said...

hey allye! so happy to see that you have one of these :) your xanga still doesn't let me leave comments... :( what a beautiful picture! i, too, am ready for Thanksgiving break...and even more ready for Christmas break. man oh man! i hope your sister has a happy birthday. can't wait to talk with you! maybe tomorrow evening after 9? (that's when my class is over) if not then, sometime soon! love you.

p.s. does this mean that you're done with xanga? or will you keep up both of the sites?

lauren noel said...

what?! please don't give up! we can watch the other seasons together so we can both understand. (i get confused, too.) but it is so intense and good. maybe you should try a persimmon if only to understand my analogy more fully. it's hard to explain, but you will know what i mean for sure! :) woo. okay, bye!

lauren noel said...

p.s. did you highlight your hair?

lauren noel said...

now it's time for you to update this new place! :)

menya zavoot aly... said...

Hey I found your new place.. got one of these a few weeks ago b/c my computer didnt like livejournal..i like it dont you?