Thursday, November 30, 2006

The Mavs and Snow

This week has already been pretty different than usual, which is fun.

Boy, do I have a story to tell...it's a good one too. I was at the dps on Tuesday getting a new license (because I lost mine). There was a very cute guy in line, it wasn't my turn to go stand in line yet, I faced the hard decision of what to do: wait my turn, or go talk to this very nice looking boy...I chose to break the rules and go talk to the guy, which later turned out to be the best decision I could have made. I walk up and say hi, he said ''hello'' and I notice that he has an accent, I ask where he is from and he tells me that he had just moved here from London a couple weeks ago. I was holding my keys which have my brothers mavericks key chain on it, he noticed and asked if I liked the mavericks, I said yes, and he told me how he had called into a radio station to request a song, and ended up winning 2 tickets to a game, he said ''I know nothing about basketball, and I don't particularly like it...would you like the tickets?''. I was shocked. He pulled the tickets out of his wallet and showed them to me, I noticed how good these tickets were(price:$75 each!). I told him he should try to sell them, and he said ''nah, you seem like a nice girl, i want to give them to you.'' I couldn't believe it...I think I might have married him if he had asked me at that second. So he gave me the tickets, we separated to get our licenses made, and I never saw him again. That's the sad part of the story, the ABSOLUTELY AMAZING part: I got to go the Mav's game, and they won! It was so fun...if you happen to read this nice English man: call me in a couple months when I'm 18, and thank you!

It's sleeting/snowing outside today. I'm wearing 4 layers, drinking hot tea, and listening to Christmas music. It's perfect. After school today Monica, Danielle and I had to make the long trek out to our cars, where we found it took all three of us to open up 1 car door, and that scraping ice off the windows isn't as easy as it looks. We had fun though, we always do.

If you look close enough you can see the little wonderful snowflakes. :)

wahoo cold!

3 comments:

Krista said...

hey allye, my mom told me about this!! that is so cool. i hope that he reads this post and contacts you :) haha. no, really. anyway, hope you are having a super week!!!!! talk to you soon.

lauren noel said...

oops. that was me, lauren. not krista. but krista and i are friends. she is pretty cool :) okay, bye.

lauren noel said...

ha! sorry for the confusion :) i'm so happy that you like the cd!!!! number 3 and i think 8 are my favorites. definitely #3 though. hey, i'll see you so soon!! woohoo!!!! then we can watch ALL of those movies. :)