Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thankful.

I'm thankful for my friends.
We celebrated Robyn's 18th birthday on Tuesday, and we had so much fun. I love spending time with the girls, laughing, being ridiculous, it's great. Robyn got a great variety of gifts, from a bite sized gnome, to her shoes the let me borrow a year ago. As tradition calls for, she got Pocahontas back, and we got the delicious volcano dessert.

Before:

After:

I'm thankful for these little faces.
Seeing my Dad, Step Mom, Chloey and Dominick was such a blessing that I really needed. The second they walked in the door Chloey said ''sissy!!'' and ran over and held up her arms inviting me to pick her up. Her little voice makes me smile. Of course Dominick had his hilarious choice of words as usual, once when he was carrying Chloey around (when she didn't want to be carried) she was crying, and I said ''Dominick, please put her down, and leave her alone.'' his response: ''gosh, she just has got the devil in her!'' They are the cutest, and what a perfect time for them to be here.

I'm thankful for my salvation.
These past couple of days have made me so grateful to be a child of God. Without His comfort, and love, I truly don't know where I would be. Him rescuing me, coming into my heart and calling me His, is a miracle. I adore His beautiful, unfailing love. My hope and my prayer is that everyone around me will also someday come to know and adore that love. I need diligence and guidance in this time, I know in my heart that He will provide.

Since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and worship acceptably with reverence and awe, for our ''God is a consuming fire.''

Hebrews 12:28-29

No comments: