Monday, May 12, 2008

"Can I call you a blegen?"

Sorry for the lack of updates. I think about blogging pretty frequently, but then when it comes down to it, I feel like there's not much to say. But, here we go...

I started my new job. It's really great. I'm learning lots of new computer things, and today I kinda learned how to sew quilts (exciting!). There is a nice variety of things to do, and I haven't once found myself bored, or overly exhausted like the cotton patch days. I'm also nannying these days, and boy, little boys know how to suck the energy right out of you! No, really, it's been a blast. Today we were playing guitar hero and the littlest one (who's 5), was very impressed with my guitar hero skills. He exclaimed "whoa, Miss Allye, you are SO good! Can I call you a blegen?" I put the game on pause and asked what he said, he repeated "can I call you a blegen?". I said I wasn't exactly sure what he meant by that and replied in a very annoyed tone, "you know, like the move I Am Blegen!" (AKA- I am Legend). I laughed real hard. They are so full of energy, and fun. With both jobs my days are pretty full, but I'm so grateful that God has provided these two wonderful opportunities for me.

Yesterday we toured some really old houses in a neat neighborhood in Ft. Worth. It was really interesting and fun. Only one was kinda decorated like it would've been 100 years ago, and I think I liked that one the best. In the others, the owners' insane senses of style were intriguing...I never knew how much I liked looking in other people's houses until yesterday. I also discovered my love for the color blue...especially in bathrooms.

I don't think that I'm going to make a promise to blog every day like Kelsey, but I will definitely try to keep things up around here.

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

thanks for the shoutout!

i want to see an example of a nice blue bathroom.

i'm happy for you and your jobbies. you are a blegen.

Anonymous said...

Blegen-bot, I hope that you dress like the ladies on the q-northern toilet paper when you go to work.