Friday, May 30, 2008

Bye, bye birdie

This past week & 1/2 I've been house sitting/dog sitting. They have a couple of little Yorkie dogs, Cotton & Paisley. REALLY cute, sweet dogs, but extremely spoiled, and a little crazy. I was watering the plants outside the other morning and I reached up to get one of the high ones good, when a little baby bird flew out of it and landed on the lawn chair. The first thing I thought was to hurry and get the dogs inside, because earlier in the week I had seen Paisley viciously kill an innocent lizard, and knew she didn't have a heart for small creatures. Once I got them inside I went back out to look for it, and it had disappeared. I thought maybe it was old enough to fly and I just gave it the little extra nudge that it needed. Not so. Later Paisley came up the stairs and got straight into her bed, something she usually doesn't do...so that tipped me off that something was up. I looked in there and saw the baby bird...eyes closed and gone. It was so sad. I'm still feeling a little bad about knocking it out of it's cozy little nest to it's death, but I guess that's the natural order of life. Still sad though.

On a slightly happier note, I started my Chemistry class. I think I can tell it's going to be challenging, but the teacher is really good. PLUS, Caitlin and I are in the class together, so that has, and will continue to make things a little more bearable.

I suppose that's all for now. I hope this will suffice for a decent entry.
I'm sorry if this emotionally scarred any of you wonderful readers.

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

aww, that is so sad. poor little guy. it wasn't your fault though.