Friday, July 11, 2008

Sweet Ukraine

My computer's screen saver is set to run through all my pictures. Today I came into my room and saw 3 pictures in a row from Ukraine. It prompted me to go and look through my whole file of about 300 pictures, and made me miss it. Just this past week we received an update from Oleg, the man who founded Radooga (the ministry that runs the camps in Ukraine). This update was explaining all the new, exciting things happening there. You see, Oleg's vision was to change his country (Ukraine) by impacting children of important people in society (politicians, wealthy business men, etc.) by having camp where kids can come to learn english. Not only english, but the gospel. This ministry has had a huge success, hundreds of kids have come to know Christ every summer. Not only do they minister during the summer, but also do retreats and such during the year to help build the church...it's really awesome. Anyway, things have changed. Radooga is now doing camps for orphans. Equally awesome to what they were doing before, just so different. I'm not sure why I have felt the need to tell you about all this, I think it's because I am so excited about the future of Radooga, I'm excited about all the lives they have touched, all the people they have helped lead to Christ and SO excited that so many children who have never known love will get the chance to know a love like no other! It's so awesome. If you get the chance go check out their website and read about what's going on there ( http://www.radooga.com/ ). Pray for them.

Ukrainian chicken heads anyone?

No comments: