Friday, July 04, 2008

wahoo

On Thursday, me and the 15 people I have grown to love and depend on took our final Chemistry test. Even after finding out that I didn't do that well on it, I experienced a sense of relief that I can only describe as pure joy. I'M DONE! And not only that, I actually survived it...I am still alive! Although, now I am plagued with the thoughts that come to my mind when I read the ingredients in yogurt, "Tri Calcium Phosphate"..."I wonder what that empirical formula would look like" or "hmmm, I bet that had a nice Lewis dot structure". I'm sure that will stop in due time. The day that I hear the word mole and think of a furry little creature, I will know that I have returned to normal.

Monday, I start my next two classes, history and algebra. I think (and hope) that these will be less of a challenge.

3 comments:

Kelsey said...

in 8th grade we learned to diagram sentences, and i could not help but diagram every single sentence that i hear, no matter where i was. and it wore off... so have faith.

hopefully, algebra will be easy enough and history will be interesting enough.

also: what is a mole, if not a furry animal, a raised bump on the skin, or someone secretly working against the group that they are pretending to work with?

Anonymous said...

YOU DID IT! WAHOOO!

lauren noel said...

Yay!! Remember this feeling of relief and use it to help you conquer the rest of your college experience! And, (maybe I'm showing my warped mind here) I would suggest that continuing to contemplate Lewis Dot structures may even be a good thing : ) A) It demonstrates your understanding of the subject B) It could mean that you even *liked* part of the class! :D

Happy History.