Wednesday, September 24, 2008

48

That is what I got on my bio-organic chemistry test. I know, it's terrible right? I knew I did horrible, but I wasn't expecting THAT much horribleness. I don't think I have ever done that bad on a test, ever. Well, maybe in 3rd grade when we did multiplication tables, I really stunk at those. I feel embarrassed about how terrible I did. I'm disappointed because the amount of work I put into it was definitely NOT 48 worthy. Honestly, I didn't work as hard as I could've, but I should have done better than that.

I'm trying hard to listen to Jesus...
"...But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."
Matthew 6 is about a lot of things...giving to the needy, prayer, fasting, storing up treasures in heaven, and worrying. I was convicted of my worrying when I read this passage today. Ever since I took the test yesterday I have been in this funk that not even a delicious dinner, cookies, dancing to Mika, and talking could get me out of. When I read those words that Jesus spoke "today has enough trouble of its own." I thought, "yeah, no kidding, I flippin bombed this test...not only bombed it, but chewed it up, spit it out, and ran it over with a huge tractor." Soon after that thought, I realized how irrational I was being and that my interpretation was probably not what Jesus was wanting me to think when I read his words. "But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness..." OHHH okay. Do every thing with his kingdom, and his glory in mind? Ding ding ding, you are correct! In the long run my 48 on a test bio-organic chemistry will not matter. whew. good thing.

I am aware that school is important, and by doing well in school in His name, we bring glory to Him. I'm also aware that my 48 most likely did not bring him glory. I'm ashamed to write how terribly I did, but I desire to do better. Not so I can graduate and be a really super rich nurse (because that usually happens...), but so I can graduate and be a nurse who shows hurting people the love of God. That's all really. I pray that bio-organic chemistry doesn't stop me from doing that.

No comments: