Thursday, September 04, 2008

This little light

Wow. What a day.
Thursdays feel so long.
After chem my brain hurt.

After class I plopped down on my bed and was thinking of the things I need to do. Laundry, call the bank, go by registrars, find a job, STUDY, etcetera, etcetera. Things seem so important. Some things are, but a lot aren't.

I ran into a friend that I used to work with tonight. What a blessing. She helped me remember what is really important. Showing people God's love. Not things. Love.

There is a Leeland song called "Wake up" that has powerful and convicting lyrics.
"You know it's sad that the gift we have we keep it for ourselves most of the time. The world is looking for a love that's locked up inside these four walls. Break the door down and shine. We need to wake up, live like God, and pour out love."
I like them so much. I like songs that speak truth, difficult truth. It's good to be reminded of those truths.

I'm grateful for the reminder I got tonight.

Let's shine.

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

i love your blog posts. and i love that you spelled etcetera.