Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Regular 'ole update

I haven't really given a for real update on life in a while...so here it is:
School is good.

I have my nursing classes on Monday from 8-4. I've been encouraged by how much I enjoy them. Besides dosage calculations (which involves math), I have enjoyed sitting in class learning. I think every student in there is terrified to some degree because of the horribly scary things we have heard about nursing school, so the first couple of days were pretty tense. I'm not sure if we will ever really relax though...

I'm also in Microbiology, which you know if you read my top 5 funny moments the other day. We have lab on Wednesday and it is supposed to end at 4:20. Both times, we didn't get out until after 5 and we still weren't finished. Our teacher, who I really like a lot, told us that we can expect to spend 10 hours in the lab a week. 10 hours! Whoa baby! It's interesting though. Getting to look at little bacteria and viruses...really neat.

I'm taking a Gerontology class this semester which I am really enjoying as well. This class is based on lot of hands on experience and learning, and that is really cool. One of our major projects this semester is meet with a resident of a nursing home or retirement facility for 10 weeks. I met with my new friend Millard yesterday. He's 102 years old! He told me a few really neat stories...I can already tell I'm going to love getting to know him.

Besides school, everything else it good. I'm loving getting to spend a lot of time with friends. I'm grateful for them and the fun we have together. I've had a rough time with money this semester and it's about time that I get a job. I have a good idea of where I would like to work, but I think I'll do some more looking. Nothing stresses me more than money. I really don't like it. At all. Nothing relieves stress better than these people though:

Church is great. Dave, our pastor, is doing a sermon series right now about what our church is about, what mission statement means, what evangelism looks like to us as a church body, how we interpret scripture, etc. It's been an affirming series for me. I never doubted if I was at the right church, but hearing and seeing Christ in the center of everything our church is based on has been so great! Plus, we still are meeting in a school, and every once in a while get to play with the things kids make:

I guess that's about it.

love.

No comments: