Friday, October 09, 2009

A day to breathe

Another week done. 

Fridays are so great. 

Usually because I have they day off. Not today, but it's still great. I get to take a breath and actually think about what happened this week. 

Mondays are lecture days. 
Tuesdays are lecture and practice days.
Wednesdays and Thursdays are clinical days. 
Fridays are breathing days. 

I like breathing. I like being able to think about things knowing that tomorrow I don't have a test, or patients to take care of, or skills to perform with a professor looking over my shoulder. 

I like Fridays.

This week at clinical my patient had rectal cancer. I got to take care of his ostomy which was a totally new, kind of scary experience but also really neat. It was crazy to listen to his bowel sounds then look at his ostomy and see his intestines moving. Our bodies are so amazing! Yesterday I was supposed to give flu shots. I ended up only giving one (which went well), but I got to see 3 lung biopsies done and that was SO cool. It was a good week. My group did well on our scary simulation and I passed my diabetes and fluid & electrolyte test.

Things are moving right along. 
Next week I get to go see Andrew and I cannot wait. 
Next week I'm also in the OR, and I'm excited about that. Not quite as excited as I am to see Andrew, but still excited. 
I feel like I'm rambling.
Sorry.

5 comments:

Robyn said...

you are in OR does that mean you will be wearing one of those big white jacket things at lunch?

allye said...

yes, it does.
you're excited aren't you?

Allie said...

Have you ever seen Rushmore? There's a scene about OR scrubs that always makes me laugh, but no one ever knows what I'm talking about.

Allie said...

Have you ever seen Rushmore? There's a scene about OR scrubs that always makes me laugh, but no one ever knows what I'm talking about.

Unknown said...

i've never seen that movie. we should watch it.