Friday, October 23, 2009

i really like rice krispie treats

This week has felt so strange. 

I've been super emotional. Cried probably 5 times (a definite record for me). Oddly enough this weeks Be Transformed was about emotions. There's lots to think about, and I'm not quite to the point of articulating it well enough to write a blog about. Maybe eventually, but the main thing I've gotten out of it is that God communicates with us through emotions. Through sadness, loneliness, confusion and anger I am made vulnerable. If I choose to (and that's IF) surrender and trust then God will communicate his love for me through my sadness and loneliness. He will communicate his presence and comfort through my confusion and anger. I'm not there yet. I struggle too much with self reliance to even start to hand my emotions to God. And it all goes back, in my opinion, to the root of not trusting his truths. 

Well, I guess I was ready to articulate more than I thought. That was a little surprising. 

What else is going on?
I'm tired. Today is going to be a nap day for me. Clinical paperwork is my least favorite activity in the history of school and it completely drains all my remaining stamina and energy. Today is going to be a nap day. I'm glad about that. 

I got to go to New Orleans to see this guy that I know. It was a great time. I'm so happy I got to go and spend time with Andrew. I felt sad to come back, but who wouldn't? New Orleans is awesome and Andrew is even more awesome. 

The semester is coming to a close (which seems completely insane to me). Only 42 more days until I have (hopefully successfully) completed my J1 semester. Golly, that's fantastic. 
3 more regular exams. 
2 more simulations. 
1 more round of full clinical paperwork. 
1 paper.
1 case presentation.
3 finals.
2 HESI exams. 
Done. 

That's a lot of junk, but...42 days!!!

love, allye
The hornets preseason game. Andrew got awesome seats, and it was SUPER fun. 

1 comment:

Allie said...

I forget that emotions aren't bad. I've got so many that I don't express any.