Friday, January 05, 2007

Back to School

My last semester of high school (hopefully). The sigh of relieve is just a short 5 months away. Just 5 months until I walk across that stage in my blue gown. Just 5 months until I get to let go of all that is holding me down now, all the things I can't escape. Just 5 months until I get to move on, live my new life. It's Crazy. Exciting. Sad in some ways. I can't believe I'm so close to this day...

This semester is going to be a lot tougher than last. Government, English, and Economics! I think I am going to enjoy my classes though. The people in them are really interesting and fun. My day will never lack entertainment, which I enjoy.
College is another subject people keep asking me about...''where are you planning on going?'' ''have you been accepted?'' It's a little overwhelming, mainly because I have procrastinated pretty badly on this whole college thing. I did however get an acceptance letter from the University of Mary Hardin Baylor, which was exciting, not to mention surprising since I didn't even complete all the requirements for admission. I am happy about that, I would really love to go to that school, but we will just have to wait and see. I finally completed and sent in my application for Tech yesterday, so hopefully I will hear back from them soon, and be able to make a decision. Money will be the decision maker in the end, so now my goal is to concentrate on scholarships. I think if I set my mind to applying to as many as possible, getting all the massive amounts of paper work done for the FAFSA and all other financial aid things, and just really try hard at it, I might be able to get a lot paid for. I'm praying for success with that, that would be a heavy burden lifted.
All in all, I'm pumped about these last few months. I am going to really try and cherish the time I have left with friends, and the people who are like family to me. I know it's not goodbye forever, and I am probably making this a bigger deal than it really is, but it is going to be a big change. I'm ready :)

I got to see my family on Wednesday, I wasn't feeling very well, so I probably wasn't the most fun big sister in the world, but they still brought a smile to my face. Chloey is growing up too fast. She is precious, a brat, but precious nonetheless. I hope that when I go to college that I will still be able to be there for all my siblings, I don't know how I will be able to be the kind of sister I am now when I go away...but maybe that's just part of the growing and learning process for all of us.

Yep, she's cute, and definitely not shy, I just caught her cheating while playing peek a boo with me (obviously, I was cheating as well).

No comments: