Monday, March 30, 2009

Love in the lies

I was reminded tonight about the importance of guarding my heart.

For me, (I'm sure no one out there is like this) I really really really want to be loved, cherished, and cared for. And instead of seeking that love and care in the One who can and will provide I seek for that affirmation in people. I get so wrapped up in the desire to want to be loved.

As I reflect on the past I recognize that I let my heart take the place of my brain quite frequently.

Impulsive.

It really is that simple.

It would be silly to say "I don't need love", I know for sure that is not true. Love from others is important. I feel like it would be difficult to begin understand the vast, unfailing love of the Father if we didn't know love from our parents, friends, neighbors, family. Transversely, if we don't know His vast, unfailing love then we cannot truly know any other love.

I remember writing recently on here that I have never felt more loved before in my life. Still my impulsive heart is not always satisfied. The bottom line is we are all loved with an unfailing, selfless love and we shouldn't long for anything other.

Once again, it's that simple.

Why does it take so much for that to get into my thick head...and heart?

1 comment:

chelsea said...

i really like your blog...keep it up