Monday, June 15, 2009

You know you're in Holland, TX when...

After bible study the middle school girls are trying to find partners for the big corn cob relay next weekend.

When I asked what the corn cob relay was they all looked at me in shock, surprised that I had just asked such an absurd question. Then proceeded to explain that the corn cob relay is a race in which you place an already eaten ear of corn between your legs and hop to the finish line without it falling out.

I said something along the lines of "well, if you loose at least you still get to eat a tasty ear of corn before the race. That's quite a deal!". Then I was informed that someone else eats it before the race.

Some anonymous corn eater slobbers all over a corn cob that you then put between your legs?

"yeah..."
That's nasty!
"no it's not."

I love them.

No comments: