Monday, April 12, 2010

Fast and Furious

Not the movie. I've actually never seen the movie. I've gotten the impression that its about fast cars that crash and blow up and it just doesn't sound like my cup of tea. That might be the only time you are going to hear the movie fast and furious mentioned in the same sentence as cup of tea. Anyway, the fast and the furious title is referring to how this weekend was, and the rest of this semester will be.

This weekend was filled with birthday fun. My roommates and Leslie and Joy went to Austin.

It is not possible for my roommates to be any more beautiful.

Allye/Allie.
YMCA

I feel really lucky to have such amazing friends. We had a little get together on Saturday night. Drank coffee, ate cookies and cupcakes, played Jungle speed, and laughed way too much at Nathan's dumb jokes. It was so fun. Even though I have a whole year left of college, I kinda feel like it's coming to an end right now. Most of my really great friends are graduating, I'm not going to be living with my roommates anymore, and my senior year of nursing school (as I've heard) might turn me into a recluse. I'm excited about next year, I know I will enjoy it. But I'm also going to try and cherish every moment of this semester. Especially being able to wear my roommate's shoes, because I will probably never have that joy again unless I have a daughter someday that (hopefully) wears my same size, and has good taste (which is a stretch if she is anything like I was when I was a teenager).

It's going to be a challenge to cherish every moment though. I just counted how many exams/simulations I have left and had to recount 4 times because I just could not believe the number I was coming up with. NINE. 9! Holy cow. 9 tests in 3 weeks. How the heck is that possible? Oh well.

It will be fast and furious for sure. Hopefully no cars will explode.





1 comment:

Allie said...

The Fast and the Furious is literally one of my favorite movies... and i love you.