Friday, April 09, 2010

21

Yesterday I turned 21.
I woke up feeling tired, and not any different. Probably because it was 5am.
I got to the hospital where I found my nursing friends, cupcakes in hand. Ashley made the most delicious cupcakes that have ever touched my tongue...

Vanilla cupcakes with raspberry cream cheese icing with chocolate drizzle and candied raspberries and blackberries. OH MY GOSHHHHH!
After clinical Julie and I took our lil Kenzie girl on a walk and let her run wild in the bluebonnets. Not really wild, because if we did that we would never ever see her again, but I did run with her on her leash. That's as wild as it will ever get for Kenz.
Julie, Kels and I went to BJs for dinner. It was yummy, and fun to celebrate with them.
After that I came home and finished my paperwork for clinical...what fun!

So, 21.
It does feel old. When I was younger I don't remember ever thinking of being 21. I remember my cousin Jessica being in her 20s and thinking she was kind of old. I'm sure in 5 years 21 wont feel old, but for right now it does. Not old in the kind of way that I want to go back and be young again though. The kind of old that I'm so happy to be here. I'm feeling like I'm gaining some wisdom and growing in ways that matter. It's a cool thing, growing up.

I'm excited about this year. My last summer as a college student, my senior year in college. Some big changes are on the way. It's going to be a fun adventure.

Baby me...21ish years ago:

Speaking of babies (i know this is random), but I CANNOT believe that this little tiny baby boy is famous. For so many reasons. But it does make me laugh. So, thanks Justin Bieber.

Thank you to everyone who made my birthday special. I felt so loved yesterday.

No comments: