Monday, December 20, 2010

It's going to be hard to follow up that last post, since it was the happiest day of my life so far, but I'll try.

Being engaged is wonderful. Because I worked all last week I didn't get to wear my ring. Well, I actually chose not to wear it because of what my job entails at times. I would put it on and stare at it the second I got home though. Andrew and I both agree that there are times where we remember "ohhh wow, we're engaged!", and while I can't speak for both of us, I know when that happens to me I can't stop smiling for about 5 minutes. I can't describe how special and blessed I feel that he chose me. It's pretty darn wonderful. I'm very excited for June.

Work was pretty dull last week. I did get to work in the ER one day and that was exciting. There was a car wreck about 50 feet away from the ER doors that day, no one was seriously hurt (besides the demolished bus stop) so I found it okay to laugh at how great it was that someone got in a car wreck right outside of an ER.

I went to Houston this weekend with Julie. We went to Andrew Peterson's Behold the Lamb of God concert (if you have never heard of this please do yourself a favor and click on that link, and listen now). It was such an awesome concert...I can't wait to go again someday! I loved it. Julie and I spent the rest of the weekend in Houston. Spent time with her family (love them), and I got to meet a bunch of her friends from home. It was a good time.

Now I'm back at our cozy apartment listening to Christmas music and wrapping presents with our balcony door open because it's 65 degrees outside in December. Insane, but I'll take it.
I love that little tree back behind me there. Last year it stayed up in our house until March, when the Grinch (allie) decided to take it down while we were all at school/work. Here it is last year...also look how short my hair was!
Tonight is my last night in the apartment until after Christmas so I'm soaking up the soft glow and cool breeze. By this time tomorrow night I'll be in Cleburne waiting for Andrew to pull up from New Orleans. By this time next year I'll be sitting my the tree with my husband. Eeeee!!

I hope you have a very happy Christmas. Remember why we celebrate...and celebrate that with joy in your heart!

1 comment:

Allie said...

I AM NOT THE GRINCH!!!! I AM A SENSIBLE AND RESPONSIBLE HUMAN BEING! IT'S NOT MY FAULT THAT I LIVED WITH IRRESPONSIBLE PEOPLE WHO REFUSED TO TAKE DOWN THE CHRISTMAS TREE UNTIL MARCH!