Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The most perfect moment

A lot has happened since I have last written to you, the dear blogging world. Prepare yourself for a loooong post.
When I wrote that last post on the morning of Andrew's birthday, December 9th, I had no idea that later that day I would be engaged to him.
That's right, we're engaged!
I could go on and on about how happy I am, how I feel like I'm floating on a cloud, or sliding down a rainbow, or something else totally cheesy (but true) like that. I still get butterflies thinking about seeing him kneel down and and tell me sweet words about how he wants to live life with me and love me forever, and I don't think they will ever stop. Everything in that moment was perfect.
Julie, my very sneaky roommate, called me while I was napping to tell me that she had a really hard day and came to have a moment at the park and locked her keys in her car. She asked me to come get her and take her to the apartment to get a spare key. So I rolled out of bed, put on some jeans and obliviously drove to the spot where I would get engaged. Here's a picture of the sneaky people themselves waiting for me to show up:
After he proposed (and I said yes) we hugged for a while, mostly so I could convince myself that I wasn't dreaming. I told him that he was so sneaky and he said "so are they..." We turned around and his parents were there snapping pictures.
I feel so grateful to be entering such a wonderful, loving family.
We celebrated at Stagecoach Inn, a cute little restaurant in Salado, spent some time with Andrew's aunt and uncle in Temple, and then hung out with Julie at our apartment. It was the best evening of my life so far.
My sweet fiance (can't figure out how to put the accent over the e) helped me move into my new apartment on Friday, and then on Saturday my soul friend, Robyn (you can find her here and here and here and here) took some engagement pictures of us. I love them, and have to show a few of them off...

Robyn, thank you so much! Everyone needs to go click on those first two links and check her amazingness out.
Alright, massive post is coming to an end. Thank you for reading.
Until next time,
Engaged Allye

2 comments:

Allie said...

That pic of him proposing is too perfect! How special. I am so excited for the two of you! Sooooo excited. I need to go buy a white dress for your wedding.

Anonymous said...

Great post. Love you!