Friday, August 24, 2007

When job hunting goes bad.

As you can probably sense from the title, I have a story. You can't judge me because this is the 4th time I have updated my blog this week.

Yesterday after class I wanted to go job hunting. I had a couple places in mind but I wasn't exactly sure where they were, actually I had NO IDEA where they were, and since I am semi directionally challenged I decided to go to mapquest and get directions. I thought from the beginning that the directions looked a little fishy, but being one of faith, I trusted them and followed them directly into the middle of nowhere. When I realized that I had just followed incorrect directions, I attempted to ''turn around'' well, somewhere along the way I made a wrong turn trying to get back to where I started. Next thing I new I was driving down a deserted road with no cell phone service and cows as my only option to ask for directions. After driving for about 3 hours I finally reached civilization (Temple). Where I still couldn't find my way back to I35. I asked a cop how to get there and he said ''oh, just keep going straight, you're almost there.'' I saw a Starbucks, thought a black tea would calm my nerves, so I stopped. I figured since the point of this outing was to get a job, and I had been extremely unsuccessful at that so far, I would ask for an application. I got one, and when I was leaving Starbucks I saw a Cotton Patch just across the road, so I ran in there, asked if they were hiring and to my surprise they said yes. They were hiring wait staff and hostess, so I applied and headed back to Belton. When I got back in my dorm, and layed down in the bed I had to laugh. I had just spent 3 hours ''job hunting'' when in actuality the only progress I made was in the last 30 minutes of those 3 hours. It was an adventure, to say the least. At least I can say now that I have truly seen the real Temple, and I'm sure surrounding unpopulated towns.

No comments: