Sunday, February 24, 2008

Stepping away from the grindstone

I'm going to take a little break from reading my Sociology book to update. Mainly because my blog holds much more importance than my grade in Sociology. Really, because I need a break.

Caitlin came to visit this weekend. It was so fun to see her, we had a good time. We walked around Belton, looked in some of the antique stores and the Bell County Museum (which by the way, was really neat). We also went and saw the movie Jumper, which I still haven't decided if I liked or not. Either way, it was entertaining and got my blood rushing a little. I had to work Saturday evening so that cut our fun off, but the short time we spent together was cherished indeed.

All in all, it's been a pretty eventful weekend. This week should be a little less chaotic than last. Although I do have to work much more, I will be feeling better, and only have one test and an essay to worry about. As of tonight, I am all of a sudden feeling overwhelmed. I looked down at my to do list and realized how much I really have to do. That the things I wrote last week, or last month can't remain there forever, I actually have to do them. I guess I have been living in this realm in which I do only the things that affect that day, or maybe even tomorrow, but never next month or semester! I'm talking scholarships, financial aid, insurance, summer school, living arrangements for next year, etc. It dauntingness of it all came over me just about 2 hours ago. I had to sing a song, say a prayer, and give my self a pep-talk to be encouraged, and to be a procrastinator no more!

I have a countdown going on my computer for days until spring break. 18 days. I really cannot wait. Even though a few of my lovely professors scheduled tests for the first days following spring break, it will (hopefully) be a time of relaxation and enjoyment.

Alright, back to the grindstone.

No comments: