Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Twenty

I'm sitting here polishing up my English essay that's due tomorrow, (not) eavesdropping on Samantha's telephone conversation. Really, I just simply over heard something that caught my attention. She said something to the extent of "I'm twenty...." When I heard that I thought "twenty. that's old. that's so far away." But once I thought about it a little more, twenty didn't seem that far away. It really seems like just a year ago I was playing capture the flag with all the boys in my neighborhood and riding my bike to intermediate school with them in the mornings. And I can remember the feeling of the first day of high school, being in awe that the boys had beards and were GIANT. I remember thinking that college would never come, and here it is. Here I am, at college at 1:45 am still not done working on my essay due in 8 hours. I want to soak up every second, because time is going by so fast. Nineteen is coming, and soon after that twenty will be here, and not too long after that I'll be done with college and living the life that I can only see as my future right now. But for now I suppose I should concentrate on getting this essay done.

It's weird how I think sometimes, I know. Thanks for dealing with it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I agree with that post, and i am getting ready to be 23 and 1 year left of school....my goodness.

Talk to you later,

Kiel