Tuesday, August 25, 2009

2 days down

Who knows how many to go...

But it's been good so far. I'm pooped. Both Monday and today I had class from 8-4ish, came home to change and grab a bite to eat and hurried to work at 5. It wouldn't be as bad if I didn't have to study when I got home from work, but since I do, it makes the day pretty long.

Monday was scary. The nursing instructors threw out so much information. It was intimidating and hard to keep up but after I got home from work and did some reorganizing and reading I felt much better about life.

Today was fun. We learned some basic skills (how to reposition a patient in bed, how to move a patient out of bed, how to walk with a patient using a gait belt, how to do range of motion, etc.) It was a nice break from the classroom with no windows, and got me excited to be in the hospital NEXT WEEK. Crazy. I'm not ready to help take care of a real human being.

Tomorrow I don't have to work and I am going to take a nap. I cannot tell you how excited I get just typing that.

Aside from school, work, and studying, nothing else is going on.
Real exciting, I know. I'll let you know if anything changes. Until then you can either find me at UMHB, at work, or in my room with my 5lb bag of sour patch kids, a cup of tea, and lots and lots of books.

love, allye

No comments: