Saturday, August 29, 2009

Saturday Love: My friend Monica

Alright, so about 3 months ago I was telling Robyn that I wanted to start a weekly thing on my blog. Some of my favorite blogs do weekly updates like Heather's What to do wednesday. Thoughts have been rollin' around in the ole noggin for a while and nothing has clicked. Until tonight as I was looking at my friend Monica's photography website (http://monicareedphotography.com) thinking "gosh, Monica is so cool, talented, wonderful. i feel so special to be her friend." That's when I got the brilliant idea of writing a weekly blog about someone I love.
It's perfect.
I get to gush about these people who let me call them friends.
So, here's Monica:
We have known each other since oh about 8th grade, I think. I think we really became friends 9th grade when we started secluding ourselves from the rest of the world during lunch to sit outside on the cement by the locker rooms and chat about whatever. Next thing you know we were juniors learning the ins and outs of how to successfully skip school together (i know, horrible) then seniors who did nothing but check our horoscopes online during choir class. She's really great. Her heart is full of love, adventure and life. She's uber talented, just check out her blog or website and see for yourself (and no, she's not paying me for this plug). She has probably taken about a billion pictures and they are all good, no joke. You get the picture? She's fab.

Favorite memory together: Although it's hard to narrow it down to one, I think I have to choose bailing on our senior year choir mixer (after borrowing some chips and cookies) and attempting to find the place in DFW airport where you can watch the airplanes take off. We never found it, because we got lost and ran out of gas but had such a fun time driving with the windows down, listening to music, not caring.

I love her.
Who wouldn't love this face?

You're great my lil HarMonica.
Love, Allye

1 comment:

Monica said...

Geeze Al.
I think I teared up a little.

I do not deserve a friendship like yours.
I miss you like crazy friend.