Friday, August 28, 2009

Week 1 report

I am a proud survivor of the first week of real nursing school.

That's a little dramatic.

It wasn't that bad at all. Lots and lots of information and learning but that's exactly what I expected. We learned how to suction out a patent's trach, that was a little shocking. When I was practicing on the manikin I kept thinking "I cannot believe I'm going to be doing this to a real person in a couple weeks." Poor people with trachs.

The first exam in monday. A little nervous about it. Then on wednesday we're going to the hospital to give people baths. Should be an experience for sure.

So far so good. I love the people in my class and am excited about getting to do this with them.

This weekend: working a lot and studying even more. yayyyy.

No comments: