Thursday, August 05, 2010

Its almost over

Summer has come and gone.
Dramatic sounding, but true.

I got to spend a sweet 6 days in New Orleans with Andrew. We had a lot of fun. Trip highlights include: -Attempting to make a pizza together, when i took it out of the oven I heard over my shoulder "awww look what our kids made!". That's how beautifully crafted it was. -Eating probably about 10lbs of meat at a brazilian steak house. -Walking around the quarter at 10pm and still almost dying of heat stroke. -Laughing a lot. -Who am I kidding? I loved every part of it. I love being with him. Look how cute he is:

Oh, oops! That's not him. That's an Indian Chief in the french quarter. Easy mistake.
There he is. After enjoying some beignets. Yummmmm.

Now that I'm back, it's time to get ready for move ins and school starting.

I'm surprisingly happy about school starting. I'm ready for this year to begin.
Things I'm excited about (in chronological order)
-Moving into my "permanent" space (by permanent I mean my space for the 9 months until I graduate)
-RAs moving back. I'm looking forward to growing those friendships...new and old!
-Meeting my new lil baby freshman residents. I. CAN'T. WAIT.
-Seeing my nursing family again. I miss them.
-Learning about critical care and crazies. I don't think I'll be allowed to call psych patients crazies in real life nursing. I'll work on it.
Skip forward approximately 273 days...
-Graduating.

But, there is so much fun to be had between now and then.
I have a feeling this is going to be a big, wonderful, adventurous year full of happiness and lots of love.
How could anyone NOT be excited about that?

No comments: