Thursday, November 18, 2010

Sapphire rings and onion rings

You may or may not have heard that Prince William got engaged to that really beautiful girl with awesome hair up there named Kate. Sooo, I guess she's actually "Future Princess Kate" and not just really beautiful girl with awesome hair Kate.

I don't really keep up with what's going on in the world so I didn't know until yesterday morning when Andrew was sitting in the DFW airport (probably half asleep watching the news) at 5 in the morning. Why do I assume he was watching the news? Well, airports always have the news on. And, the only other way Andrew would know or care about this information was if it was on sports center or the Daily Show with John Stewart...which I don't think they play in the airport except maybe in those crummy looking random airport sports bars, which I don't think are open at 5am.
Anyway that's kind of beside the point, or not the point at all actually. I get this text from him:

Andrew: Did you see the ring Prince William gave to his fiance? Thats what I was gonna get you but he pulled rank on me..."oh i'm the prince" and whatnot.
Me: Ha. I didn't see it. But I believe you.
Andrew: Yep. It was princess Diana's. Huge blue sapphire with diamonds around it.
Me: Oh wow. Eh, well I'm glad you didn't get me that. :)
Andrew: Ha. Yeah. I mean come on. It's used.
Me: For real! I have much higher standards than that Andrew!

Want to know something else funny?
When I google searched for a picture of the ring this is one of the pictures that showed up:
A gigantic sapphire AND gluten-free onion rings?! Future Princess Kate is one lucky gal.

1 comment:

Allie said...

I'd say "I do" to an onion ring.