Monday, March 22, 2010

Costa Rica Memories

What a trip this was! Probably the biggest adventure of my life. It was a blast. Terrifying at times, but the kind of terrifying that you look back on and are glad you did it.

The beach was gorgeous. The water was clear and blue when the waves were calm...but they weren't calm often. Santa Teresa is known for its great surf so the waves are big and strong. Our hostel that we stayed in was just about 100 meters from the beach, it was the perfect walk every morning, or afternoon, depending on how late we slept in...usually afternoon.

The food was great, minus one "soda" we ate at (way too greasy for our costa rican bellies). I pretty much wasn't hungry the whole time (I blame it on my sickness), but I still enjoyed the fresh fruit, best smoothies (batidos) ever, and really really really good avocados and guacamole.
Sunsets. Oh beautiful sunsets. I'm a sucker for sunsets, even here in Temple when Julie and I take Kenzie on walks in the evening. Add a beautiful ocean, surfers walking around, and kids playing with their dogs, and it's over, I'm in love.


Robyn and I met a lot of fun people along the way. Even though the beach, sunsets, playing in the waves, and eating delicious food was absolutely wonderful, the friends we made, and the crazies we met will be the sweetest (and funniest) memories. If I was to make a list of the people we met it could probably be about 20 people long, most of them including the people on the infamous mexicana flight 848 that turned around in the air and went back to mexico. We decided we need to have a "mexicana flight 848 reunion". It would be a really fun time. I'm really wishing we would have gotten a group picture now. But thanks to the great world of facebook, I found a picture of some of our new friends in the airport. And yes, I realize this may seem borderline creepy, or maybe not even borderline. If they saw this though, they would be happy, and not creeped out...I promise.

There's Cara, Allison, Julie, Zach, I don't remember that girls name, and Ron. If you look really hard past Allison you can see me scratching my back in a green shirt. My back was peeling at the time, and was very itchy. TMI? probably.

It was a great trip. I would go back in heartbeat, but would probably take Andrew and other men with us for safety, and fun of course. I mean, who wouldn't want to go back to this:

It's alright though. It's a race to the finish of this semester. 7 tests in 7 weeks. Should fly by (hopefully). Then I'll be 2 semesters away from graduating college.

1 comment:

Allie said...

I'm so glad you had fun and even more glad that you're alive! xoxo