Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Preparing

This part of life that I'm in is so weird sometimes.
I go to New Orleans and get these tiny tastes of what real life is going to be like in a couple of months and gracious, it's wonderful. Then I have to say goodbye, hold back tears through airport security, and come back to school only to begin counting down the days until I get to see him again.
It can get frustrating, yes. But one thing that I have really loved through all of this is the amount that I cherish Andrew and I's time together.
It's so fun to be together.
Seriously. It never gets old.
It's my favorite thing to do.

Andrew working on his fantasy baseball, while I watch.

I got a little sidetracked there...
Back to my point of how this season of life is strange.
I'm preparing for a wonderful life with the one I love, but at the same time having to focus on finishing my degree, find out what hospital I should work at, call about internships (which by the way, do not exist in NOLA), apply for jobs, and try and prepare to move away from all the familiarity Texas holds for me.
I'm not complaining at all. I truly could not be happier with where I am in life, and where I am going, I'm just sayin' that it's weird.
Preparing for a life that I have never really dreamt about coming true is strange.
I mean, hello, I'm getting married to the best man on earth on a freakin' boat off the coast of HAWAII. Tell me how I am supposed to believe that this is REAL?!
I'm getting to move to a fun, awesome, culture soaked city to be a nurse after I GRADUATE college in 45 days. I'm moving in with my best friend, who will then be my HUSBAND.
a pretty new orleans building.
pinch me.
It's all too good to be real.
But the really great part about it all is that it is real.
enjoying a gourmet popsicle in the quarter.

It's so real and it's so perfect.

2 comments:

sarahwooten said...

You mimic my thoughts exactly.

Anonymous said...

good post!