Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Then and now

Yep, I'm going from only doing Saturday Snapshots to two posts in one day. Don't get used to it, I just have a lot to talk about.

I got to hang out with my cousins some before I headed to new orleans and it was so fun to spend time with them. My grandparents have about a million and two pictures of all of us growing up. There is a huge built in bookshelf in their house specifically for photo albums starting in the late 60s and going until about 2009. We went through some albums while we were all in town.
It was so fun to look at and remember.
We laughed so much.
I loved getting to spend time with them. It's refreshing to remember happy times as a kid. We had some awesome adventures, even if half of them were imagined in our grandparent's backyard.
Bear with me as I reminisce, won't you?

Us then:
Um, could I magically be that tan in 3 months for my wedding, please? Seriously, I do not look like a white kid there.


buster was such a good sport.



Us now:
oh, and here are a couple examples of how my grandma thinks sunscreen should be applied. I remember getting older and learning that you're supposed to rub in sunscreen, not just glob it on your skin for "maximum protection". I guess this is coming from the lady who told us that marshmallows were going to come out of our ears if we watched too many cartoons, and not to swallow watermelon seeds because a watermelon tree (do those even exist?) will grow in our bellies, and that we'll become instantly blind if we look at the sun for longer than 3 seconds. HA.
Thanks for putting up with all of that. It was fun...for me.
Stay tuned for a story about how my grandma made me cry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

talk about CUTE cousins! (then and now!)