Thursday, April 24, 2008

A tiny bit of procrastination

I'm feeling especially accomplished this week. I've gotten A's on all my tests (or at least the ones that the professors have told us the grades), worked my last shift at Cotton Patch, and gotten like 5 things checked off the old to do list. Why is it that crossing things off a list feels so good?Even if things aren't on my list, and I do them, I will write it down then cross it out.
The downside of all this feeling accomplished thing is the second I start feeling like I've made progress, BANG! I've got an essay or two due. It's cool though, because soon I'll be done with school for almost a whole month.
Dern learning.
I am so stinkin' nervous about my A&PII final. I have done less than good on those lecture tests, and this one is worth two, yes two, exam grades! I think that this might have been what got me on the last one (nervousness), so maybe I'll practice some chill techniques, and try having positive thoughts. All the while, entertaining thoughts of intestines and kidneys. Possible? Not sure.

I was studying at my friend Dani Beth's apartment this evening when I saw her roommate's (who is a J2 nursing major) medicine note cards. I got pumped about getting to memorize meds and side effects, it seems so neat! I'm sure I might feel differently about it when that day actually arrives, but today I got encouragement that I'm doing the right thing here.

Procrastination ending now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad my cluttered coffee table brought affirmation!