Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Silverware Rollin'

Like I have said before, I am amazed at the conversation that rolling silverware brings. It amazes me every single time. Actually, how can I give the action of rolling silverware the credit for all the wonderful conversations that have happened in the banquet room at Cotton Patch? I can't. I should be thanking God for the blessing (although most nights when we're tired and just want to get out of there, it seems like a curse) that rolling silverware is. I hope I don't sound like a kook, but I look forward to rolling silverware, and that will be one of the things about Cotton Patch I will miss the most. I have learned so much from the people I've worked with this past year. I've learned that a listening ear and time to spare can do wonders and that it doesn't take much for people to open up. I thank God for introducing me to lost people with hurts and messed up lives who are searching. Since I have became a Christian, I've heard "our mission field is all around us, everywhere we go..." I have never believed or understood that statement more clearly than I do now. I thank God for opening my eyes to that.

Speaking of relationships I have formed though silverware conversations; my friend, who now lives in TN with her (3!) boys, called tonight. We had a good conversation, even though it was quickly interrupted by a screaming baby, it was good. She sent me a recent picture of the twins Ethan and Noah and gave me a short update on how Tim was doing with his treatment.
They have grown a lot. So, so, so sweet (even when screaming). I asked her how I could be praying for them, she says: -that Tim's treatment will continue going well -that Ethan and Noah will keep gaining weight -that her new job will work out -that she would stay strong despite her exhaustion. If it crosses your mind, lift these things up for her. She still isn't sure about God, but she also sees provision in her life that she can't explain.

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

allye: you're really cool. i like this post. what kind of treatment is tim going through?

lauren noel said...

the babes are so cute! praying for them all...