Friday, November 07, 2008

Fire Hazard

I wanted to share this yesterday, but the serious, more thoughtful quote took precedence over this one.

After lab my whole chemistry class was sitting out in the hall working on the lab report together. Dr. Bekendorf came out in the hall and said (in her soft, monotone voice):
"Kids, you are going to have to move out of the hallway. You are creating a fire hazard, but it's not because you are volatile, it's because there are far too many people out here."
Everyone looked around wondering "should i laugh?" "yes?" "no?" "man, i'm so scared of this lady..." Me, one of my weaknesses being my ability to contain laughter, chuckled a little. I looked up after laughing for approval that my laugh was ok by Dr. Bekendorf. Nothing.
I think she has a really funny side in there some where just waiting to emerge...
This funny quote reminded me of senior year when practically the only notes I wrote down in government class were the funny quotes. Oh, the days of sitting in class for an hour laughing. Maybe they will come back when I get into nursing school (ha!).
ps-for those of you who want to know/care, i made a 70 on this last test in bio. chem. Thanks for your prayers. :)

No comments: