Sunday, November 16, 2008

Moments Rewound

Oh my, procrastination is such a horrible habit. My room is clean, the laundry is done, I've organized the fridge, I'm updating my blog...I think that after this I'll be out of things to do, and I'll actually have to study.


This weekend was a fun one. Pageant was good. Kelsey, you darling friend, did an amazing job and I'm proud of you! All of your hard work payed off and now I'm excited for your initiation back into my life. :)
I got a special surprise this weekend when a friend that I made this summer in math called me and gave me some mavs tickets. I didn't go this time, but got to give the tickets to some pretty wonderful fans, so I was still pleased. He said that he would just e-mail me them every week. AWESOME. I'm not really sure why free mavs tickets just seem to flock to me, but I'm glad about it.


Today after church Matilda was on tv. I forgot how much I liked that movie when I was little. I didn't watch the whole thing, but it was fun to remember. Remembering things from being a kid is sometimes such a weird feeling. A lot of times I am convinced that I was the weirdest kid on the planet when I think of things I used to do. We talked about childhood memories in Developmental Psych the other day and how most people only remember traumatic events or stories that adults in their lives have told them. Memories are strange to me. How one second you don't remember something then one word, moment, smell or sound can push down on the rewind button in your mind and take you right back to sitting in your living room on a bean bag watching Matilda. Strange.

Thanksgiving is right around the corner. It is hard to not get ahead of myself and just wait in anticipation with every thought circling around not having school for 4 days. It will be a great, much needed break for all, I think.


I know that my past several entries have been quite surface, and probably a little pointless to read. God has been revealing to me so many things these past weeks. I hope to get the chance soon to sit down and write some things out. I have always been aware of my flawed nature, it is definitely not hard to miss, but God has been showing me some major things that I need to work on. I'm thankful for this, even though it hurts. I'm learning how afraid I am of working on things in my life because of the pain. I am intimidated by pain, and worst of all, not trusting enough of the Father to comfort me and bring me through the pain.

"...He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." -Philippians 1:6

No comments: