Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Like a wave

"If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind." -James 1:5&6

I lack wisdom.

Who doesn't?

I ask.

Do I believe I will receive?

I think so.

That's the problem.

Thinking so isn't enough.

Doubt.

Stupid doubt.

Why do I doubt God's power?

I can think of reasons why, but I can think of more reasons why I shouldn't.

That verse says he will give to us generously, without finding fault.

Without finding fault.

Whoa.

Maybe I should reconsider this whole doubt thing.

"If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him."

It will be given.

No comments: