Friday, May 08, 2009

Moving out and Moving on

No matter how much you dislike a place,
Especially when you love a place,
Moving is hard.

I think I can say after moving about a gillion times, that I really don't like it at all. Not because of the packing, taking down picture frames, removing nails, or realizing that I have way too many tshirts. I don't like it because leaving a place that is familiar is hard for me.
Coming to college was a killer.
The move that took place before that was the hardest decision of my entire life.
Moving before that took place at least every couple of months. Put some clothes that I really like in the car, grab my ebay ipod (which, by the way, is going on year 5 in my possession! way to go apple!), and i'm on my way. To a different place, unfamiliar.

No matter how familiar moving is, its always unfamiliar.
Not always bad, just different.

Seeing my paintings, picture frames and dismanteled shelves in the corner of my home for the past year gives me a little sinking feeling in my stomach. I'm excited about what is to come...so very excited! It's still sad to leave though.
I think I might have movingobia.
Maybe that's the answer.
Anyway, that is what I think about that.

I'm struggling right now with making decisions. Decisions that could potentially change a lot in my life.
It's crappy.
Aren't you glad this post has been so uplifting?
You're welcome.
Here's some pictures of my sweet friends, because I just can't stand leaving you like this today:

No comments: