Wednesday, September 02, 2009

I hope you like Autumn because I'm falling for you

Day 1 in the hospital.

I passed out in a patient's room.

Yeah.
Unfortunately, that's not a funny just kidding. It's real life.

I know, I can't believe it either.
What were you doing? You might ask. Watching/ performing some nasty procedure on someone? Observing an operation?
...nope.
I was helping give a patient a bath. Yes, a bath. He did have a huge abdominal suture that was a little gross, but not bad.
It's okay if you're laughing because I can't help but laugh every single time I think about it. I laugh until the sobering thought comes "what if I can't do this? what if I just pass out at stuff and I can't be a nurse?" I guess the answer to that is, then I won't be a nurse. It would stink big time, but if that's what is right, then it's what is right. Right?
I keep telling myself that I was just nervous, I didn't eat a big enough breakfast and I had my knees locked. Hopefully, I'm not truly a huge wimp. We will see though.
I'm glad to have become comic relief for my class though. Today we were learning how to pack a wound. We were practicing with a manikin and James (who is on the same floor as me at the hospital) turned to me and said "hey, there's a chair over there if you need it. this guy is REALLY plastic, and it might get a little gross."
I'm that girl now.
"fainting girl"
Awesome.
Ha.
Good first day.

No comments: