Saturday, September 05, 2009

Saturday Love: Chelsea

Meet Chelsea. She's super fly, and pretty hard core (as you can tell). She does cool things like triathlons. Chelsea is kinda old, so we never went to school or anything together. We met at church, maybe at camp when I was her student leader and she beat me up and shoved my face in the mud. I instantly loved her. She moved to china for a while and would send me funny emails, like one with her head on a big huge muscle woman's body. When she came home I beat her in a wrestling contest, and I still haven't lived that down. Deep down though her beating me up and trying to kill me in everything she does isn't what REALLY makes me love her. I mean, it definitely adds to it, but there are lots of other things too. She is a friend I can count on to give me the truth, exactly what she thinks, no matter how much she knows I don't wanna hear it. I admire her ability to speak the truth in love. I really believe she loves me even when she calls me stupid or something, pretty amazing. I love her ability to make every one around her feel cared for and loved, it's also pretty amazing. She brings so much light and smiles wherever she is.

Favorite memory together: We went to Turner Falls to go camping one time. I think the whole time could count as my favorite memory with her, but an especially favorite memory is when we were swinging into a river on this rope that was attached to a tree. I was getting some serious air and she asked how I was doing it, I showed her (not showing off at all). She swears to this day that when I let go of the rope I turned and gave her a look that said "ha, I'm so much better than you". I was, but I would never rub it in or anything...

I love you Chels. Thanks for being my honest, sweet, wonderful friend.

1 comment:

chelsea said...

i love you so much!!! that was so sweet and i loved it. thank you thank you thank you. also you KNOW you totally looked at me like that!! i love you allye and miss you terribly.