Thursday, February 03, 2011

Snow day??

Tonight while Becca and I were working on our professional portfolio I got a serious craving for ice cream.
It's 16 degrees outside, and I am one of the most cold natured people on the planet.
Don't ask me why I was craving ice cream. Crazy things happen in life sometimes.
Anyway, we went to walgreens and I got some coffee ice cream. It was delicious.

All of that was to explain why I'm up at 1:15 typing a blog post.
Coffee ice cream.

Today UMHB closed down the campus because of rolling power outages. However our nursing class got the privilege to stay until 4:30pm reviewing NCLEX questions. Campus was deserted, and we were left in the dark learning about the kaplan "decision tree".
We made the best out of circumstances:

Please take a moment to really look at those pictures. See all the crowns?
Any time during the monotonous 8 hour class that I started feeling like slamming my head through the wall I would just look around and smile.
It was UMHB's birthday today and (before the entire campus closed) they were serving taquitos and cupcakes by candle light in the SUB.
There was also a clown making balloon hats in the dark...not really something you encounter every day. Or something you would necessarily WANT to encounter EVER.
Anyway, they were giving out crowns, and balloon accessories. So our class took advantage.
And I am so glad.

Happy snow day,
ice day,
black out day,

Normal boring day of class!

3 comments:

Allie said...

ha ha nursing sucks.

sarahwooten said...

I would just like you to know that the creepy clown in the dark is my future mother-in-law. lol

Bryn said...

this made my heart happy. it's amazing (er...weird) how something so dreadful can be so wonderful and heart-warming.