Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Feelings

Laundry is in washer/dryer,
wedding dress is altered and back in my possession,
loan counseling completed,
random UMHB bookstore purchases made (coffee cup and blanket to remember my times in college).
It has been a productive day so far.
I started to work out again, and my determination to get fit for this summer quickly faded. With each jumping jack and push up all I could think about was the strawberry cream cheese cupcake recipe I read earlier this morning.
I finally called it quits after a grueling 5 minutes.
Sheesh, what a joke.

Let's talk about graduation.
The pinning ceremony was sweet and special. It was a great time to celebrate just as a nursing family. My wonderful family was there and that made it so much sweeter. I wish I had pictures, but I have not yet stolen them from the various people who took them that night.
Graduation day was also fun. I loved getting to cheer for the people who have stood by me the past 4 years. My nursing class made a point to cheer for every person in our class and it was the greatest thing to walk across that stage hearing the cheers for me.

I must admit, the whole day was a bit euphoric and I can't put my finger on the exact feelings I had.
Mixed emotions about it all are still ensuing but the general feeling is excitement and happiness.

Thoughts on "growing up".
I honestly don't feel too different at this point. I'm babysitting this entire month which is usually the job of a highschooler, which could be why I don't feel like a college graduate.
In my eyes I've been a grown up for a long time, paying bills, owning a car, taking care of myself. Even though I have had all of these grown up responsibilities for a long while I still have a good amount of transitioning to do.
I'm grateful that I've already made a few of the big transitions that most people are making at this point in their lives because I think it will make my other changes much easier to deal with.
I will be a wife in 41 days, which seems like a long time because I am impatient and antsy about it all, but it really isn't.
A week after that I will move out of Texas for the first time in my 22 years of life.
I'll set up my first home, and be partially responsible for making sure another human eats beside myself. Which means no more left over ramen and broccoli.
I'll hopefully have a full time job sometime after that.
A job in which people's lives will be in my hands.
I also have an awful lot of loans to pay off. I've only had one nightmare about it so far.

I'm ready for all of these changes, but that doesn't go without saying that it's a little bit daunting.
I said yesterday in our marriage counseling that the excited feelings definitely outnumber the scared ones, but they are still there.
I'm so thankful to have a supportive, loving man by my side doing his best to make all of these changes easier. He encourages me daily and loves me so well.
How did I get so lucky?
Out of all of these feelings and emotions these changing days have brought, the biggest one I'm feeling is love.
It's the best thing ever.

1 comment:

Bryn said...

Plucking these heartstrings of mine.
We did it! Wediditwediditwedidit!