Saturday, December 19, 2009

Saturday Love: Allie

Ohhh Alz.
This hilarious roommate of mine makes me soooo happy. I'm not sure when, where, or how we met. Maybe at church? Maybe at the red house? Maybe somewhere else? I'm not sure when we started being friends either. I think it might have been one of those things that I knew who she was, and I thought she was really awesome, and I wished we were friends, but we didn't really know each other, so I just imagined we were friends. However it happened, it happened. And now we live together and she makes me laugh every day. Whether she's saying "that's racist and makes me uncomfortable." to everything I say, or yelling in that high pitched old lady voice, she always knows how to make me chuckle. She also loves the Mavs just as much, if not more than me, and I love that.

Favorite memory together: Recently, as in a week ago, Allie was leaving for Christmas break. I was sitting on the back of our couch (still not sure why), but I put my arms out for a goodbye hug. Allie came over to "hug me" and I leaned back to fully embrace this goodbye. She moved out of the way just as I was leaning back and I busted it big time off the couch onto the ground. Allie tried to catch me, but when I looked up from the ground she was holding my ankle...lots of help.

I don't know if that's a great favorite memory or not. I think the NyQuil is going to my brain a little, and making it impossible to think of past events.

Still, just because I'm on NyQuil doesn't mean that the glory should be taken away from Allie on her very special Saturday love post. She really is fantastic. I'm really pushing the fact that she's really funny, because she is. But she also has so many other great qualities. She is so smart, she loves to read- I love hearing her talk about books, and movies. She's SUPER talented- an awesome photographer, charcoal(ist)?, and painter. She is not only talented in those areas, but she uses her talent to bring glory to God. She loves the Lord so much, and if you spent any time at all with her, you would be able to tell. She's an all around awesome person, and I feel privileged to live with her, and be her pal.

So, here's to you, Allie. Thanks for being your awesome self.
Love you!


2 comments:

Allie said...

Allye Allye
How I love thee
let me count the ways:
1,2,3,4,5,...

JMBMOMMY said...

I agree 100%--she is completely fabulous!