Monday, March 29, 2010

Sunshiney Weekend

This weekend was great. The weather was so springy and it made my heart happy.
Friday was stunt night, it was SO funny. The junior class came away with the well deserved, esteemed Judge's Choice award. We celebrated at Wing Stop, and Captain Planet threw a chicken wing bone at Julie and I. Rude.
Saturday I literally watched Glee all day long. Our new friend Joy came over and we just had to introduce her to our favorite show. After 6 hours of Glee, we took Kenz on a walk on our new favorite trail. We ended the day with Chic-fil-a, and the cute movie Whip it. We also rented Mary Kate and Ashley's New York Minute, but didn't get around to it.
Church was great on Sunday. That kind of great that is hard to admit it's great because it kinda hurts to hear the truth some times, but it really was good. I really love my church. I took some graduation pictures of Leslie. It was a simple assignment because she is probably the most photogenic person on earth. We had fun, and got some good shots too!

Now it's back to school. I'm having some motivation issues, which will have to resolve by the end of this week.
I'm going to be the summer RA this summer, which means I have to move on campus Mid-May. I'm excited about this change. I'm looking forward to having residents again, meeting the sweet little clueless, uncomfortable freshmen, making them goodie bags and having dance parties in the hall. But I was hit with the reality this morning that I'm not going to be living with my roommates anymore. I got real sad. I love them so much, they are my family. Granted, they are all moving on with their lives; getting married, going to grad school, working in third world countries, so I wouldn't be able to live with them even if I wasn't going to be an RA next year. But that doesn't mean I wont miss them. I think I might go through the grieving process this summer. Kubler Ross get ready.

Here are some of my favs from our photo-shoot on sunday:





Okay, who am I kidding? I like all of them.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Good luck with Burt this summer... Watch out for coons... and fleas... and campers :)

Kelsey said...

you did a wonderful job on the pics of leslie! she's gorgeous, and you did a great job of showcasing that.

and i had so much fun relaxing with you this weekend!