Monday, May 10, 2010

Graduated

Saturday was the bittersweet graduation of a few of my wonderful friends. The ceremony is always so long, and not always the most entertaining thing, but it is still fun to be there for the people you love. This time though, it was different for me. I could not help but think about how in just a year I will be dressed up in the black cap and gown with those lovely purple and gold tassels singing "Up with the Purple". I thought about how a short year from now I will be standing up in a line with my nursing family hearing our names called like it was just another day of class with Mrs. Emmerson calling roll, but this time we're not in class, and it's not really roll..we will be finished. I can't wait for that day. I can't wait to see the joy on my friend's faces, to hear the crowd cheer for us as we hug our dean and proudly get our picture taken with our diploma. It's going to be one of the happiest days of my life thus far, I suspect. While I can't wait for that day, my goal is still to remain focused on the present. Because right now a year seems like a really long time, but that's what I thought at last year's graduation, and it has flown by (remember, like a white-throated needletail). Plus, I have a feeling this year is going to be super sweet. I mean, it's my last year of college...I'm going to soak it all up.

Alright, in an attempt to focus on the present (I guess technically the past now), here are some pictures from this weekend.

Alz, excited about that teacher pin!

Leslie. Enough said.

Mary Hardin-Baylor class of 2010

Robyn with the Phillip sisters
On this week's agenda:
Working my tail off in my online stats class, moving, spending time with leslie, robyn, and roommates, babysitting, and sleeping.

No comments: