Friday, May 07, 2010

Summer Living

3 days of summer have passed.

It doesn't really feel like summer. I have no big plans for adventures, or even small plans for adventures. So far my summer has consisted of checking people out at the dorm, closing down the dorm, a harker heights run with my favorite Leslie, and watching our nightly t.v. with my roommates. I start my online statistics class on Monday and hopefully will be completely moved out of this wonderful house that I'm going to miss so much by next week.

Summer living is almost the same as school year living, just without the looming stress of tests. I'm liking it that way. I surprise myself by saying that, because just about a week ago I was sad that this is how I was going to spend my LAST summer as a college student...in Belton. Now I'm content. Happy, even. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't turn down a free trip to Greece or Hawaii, or Florida or probably anywhere, but I'm still happy about being here.
I don't start orientation for work until the 24th of May. Until then I will be doing statistics, moving, going on walks with Kenzie and Julie, and learning how to run a dorm.

Here's to summer.
To living life as an adventure no matter where you are, and trying to enjoy every step of the way.

No comments: