Saturday, May 08, 2010

To all who have mothered

(part of) Mother and child by Gustav Klimt

The definition of "mother" according to my computer's dictionary is "a person who provides the care and affection normally associated with a female parent." There are other definitions. Ones that would be fitting for most "a woman in relation to a child or children to whom she has given birth." But I'm going to go with the first one, just cause it works for me and what I'm trying to get across here. Which is, how unbelievably thankful I am for all who have mothered me. From my neighbor in elementary school who let me bake with her, to the many Godly examples I have in my life right now who teach me, worry about me, encourage and love me. You make the world a better place. You have made my world a better place.

Happy mothers day to all the sweet, beautiful, inspiring women who have loved, encouraged, counseled, comforted, and loved some more.

1 comment:

Allie said...

I love Gustav and you!