Monday, January 24, 2011

Procrastination hits an all time low

I procrastinate. It's a problem that I've had for a long, long time.
When I have a project due, or a test coming up I find myself cleaning. Not just an oh I'm going to vacuum the living room because there is dog hair everywhere type of cleaning, but a crazy, scrubbing everything in sight, vacuuming the couch and chairs type of cleaning. Insane. I also cook. Straighten my hair. Try on clothes I haven't worn in a while. Peruse facebook. Read blogs.
It's bad.
Today though, it got really bad.
My procrastination hit rock bottom.

I had just worked out (yet another way to procrastinate) and was in my bathroom getting ready to shower (and again, more procrastinating...seeing a trend here?). All of a sudden I thought "man, i could use a change in my hair" (here comes more procrastination). I got out the scissors, held out my hair for what I thought was going to be a minor trim.
I actually thought "I'm going to cut them where they are still long, so if I don't like it too much it wont matter..."
False.
I cut.
Looked in the mirror.
And terror set in.
I laughed. So hard. I couldn't believe it. I didn't know how that happened. I was only going to cut like half an inch.

Not so much. More like 4 inches.
Mind you, I will not wear my hair like that. So if we're being real, this is how it actually looks:

Which in my opinion isn't SO bad. I mean, it's not cute by any means, and if my wedding weren't 5 months away I would totally be freaking out right now and frantically looking into how much hair extensions cost. Personally, the saddest part of this picture for me is the fact that my grey hairs that I grew during that abominable last semester show up.

I guess I've become lax about my hair ever since I chopped it all of a little over a year ago.
It grows. I've said that at least 20 times to myself in the past 2 hours.

If I get any crazy self hair cutting ideas around June, I give all of you my full permission to steal my scissors, and remind me of this day where procrastination led me to make some ugly decisions.

Now that I've fed my bad habit more by writing a blog post instead of reading for tomorrow's test, I guess I've used up all of my outlets.

Farewell,

the girl with really short bangs

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry. I cut my hair last year in May and in it's curly state it doesn't look anything like that picture you posted. ;-)

Anonymous said...

oh, allye. i was imagining baby bangs-- you know like halfway up your forehead. they are still totally long! and, your lion's mane grows so fast, you won't even remember these come wedding day.